[pmwiki-users] Nested IFs / setting variables with directives

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Sat Sep 30 06:32:13 CDT 2006

Hi,
it's a pity that no nested (:if:) conditions are possible. For example,
I want to define a multilanguage backlink in my footer pages. However,
this backlink shouldn't show up on Index (start) pages. So I need
something like (pseudo code, sorry)

if page!=index
    if userlang = en
       "back to main"
    if userlang = de
       "zurück"
end if

One way around that, in case that there is no way to nest ifs at all,
would be to allow setting of custom variables. Something like
%setvar dummy somevalue%

Then, one could check for
(:if dummy somevalue:)

etc.