[pmwiki-users] Permissions, edits and comments

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 30 09:41:33 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 07:03:51AM -0500, writeon1 wrote:
> I need a permission system that
>     1 - Lets users sign up without my intervention
>     2 - Requires email confirmation
>     3 - Allows me to monitor edits and comments
>     4 - Permits me to block / remove users who violate my rules from
> being able to edit or comment.
>
> I think that a system with these features is really basic to operating a
> public wiki.

Note that #1 and #4 are mutually exclusive -- if people can
sign up and obtain edit access without intervention, then there's
not a way to prevent a dedicated malcontent from being able to
edit or comment.

Blocklisting and commenting will indeed be in the 2.2.0 release.
As yet I don't have plans for an automatic registration system
with email confirmation.