[pmwiki-users] Permissions, edits and comments

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 30 10:02:39 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 04:52:39PM +0200, Mike wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote on 30.09.2006 16:41:
> > Blocklisting and commenting will indeed be in the 2.2.0 release.
> > As yet I don't have plans for an automatic registration system
> > with email confirmation.
> >
> That's pretty cool, as it means we don't have to bother with finetuning
> of CommentBox and/or Blocklist recipes, right?

Correct.

> As posted before,
> CommentBox seems to have a possible security issue by allowing users to
> post directives,

I don't think anyone has really considered the ability to post
directives in comments as a "security" issue; it really depends
on the site.  However, yes, it is possible to have a special
blocklists that apply to specific actions.  For example, in
2.2.0-beta7 one could do:

    $EnableBlocklist = 1;
    if ($action == 'comment')
      $BlocklistPages = array('Site.Blocklist', 'Site.Blocklist-Comment');

and then place in Site.Blocklist-Comment anything that you want to
block from ?action=comment:

    block: (:title
    block: (:pagelist
    block: (:include
    block: (:keywords
    block: (:description

This is a case where it could be very useful to maintain some
shared "per-action" blocklists on pmwiki.org.

> whereas with Blocklist I've always had some trouble in
> combination with my CleanURL setup...

Hmmm, that's odd.  At any rate, the new blocklist capability in
2.2.0-beta7 should work quite nicely with CleanUrls.

Hope this helps,