[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 21:01:37 CDT 2006

On 9/30/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:51:12PM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > > There is one concern here. If the Magazine follows a chronological (as
> > > well as topical and alphabetic) listing, how are published articles
> > > sorted?
> >
> > But one can used page-text variables for that! (grin)
> >
> > PublicationDate: 2006-09-29
> > Category: [[!Published]]
> >
> > (:pagelist order=$:PublicationDate fmt=#publicationlist "[[!Published]]":)
>
> Exactly so.  Except I would probably use link= instead of a text
> search, and have the pages appear in reverse chronological sequence:
>
>     (:pagelist order=-$:PublicationDate link=Category.Published ... :)
>
> > > An obvious advantage to this process is it showcases categories, page
> > > text variables, and pagelists---some of which is new or overhauled for
> > > 2.2. Hmm, I see a plot brewing . . .
> >
> > (evil grin)
>
> Well, the whole reason I'm adding many of these into the core
> (as opposed to leaving them for recipes) is that I'm convinced
> they'll be useful in a variety of contexts -- including this one.
>
> So, I hope that in the Magazine we can not only "eat our own dogfood",
> but to use the Magazine itself to showcase some best practices and
> cool approaches to collaboration with PmWiki.

Well, I'm ready for a plate of Alpo, or Kibbles 'n Bits. ;-)

It sounds like we're almost to the point of having a "Draft"
permission level, which is somewhere between "Read" and "Edit." In
addition to the "Comment," which sounds like it's a permission in the
same ballpark. Should we expect permissions to be (in decending order)
Admin, Edit, Draft, Comment, Read? It looks like five is the magic
number. I opine that five levels would satisfy a super-majority of
requests for online publication using PmWiki.

--
Ben Wilson