[pmwiki-users] The meaning of "Save" (Was: Drafts, moderated wikis)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 07:41:07 CDT 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Roman is correct -- "Save and edit" saves the draft page, it doesn't
> publish.  (If I'm wrong about that, then the code is wrong, as
> it really should save the drafts.)
>
>> Publish sounds good to me -- though I think, for consistency's sake,
>> when Drafts are enabled, the original page's "Save" button should be
>> called "Publish" as well.
>
> That seems to be the general consensus.  :-)

I'd just like to add that I very recently had a new user that was confused
by the existing labels. He was expecting 'Save' to save the wiki page
locally on his machine...

So I think changing 'Save' to 'Publish' will be a step in the way, but
some kind of help text or link to help that explains the actions of the
different buttons are probably in order regardless if the draft mechanism
is used or not.

Perhaps a figure illustrating the process would be useful?

/Christian