[pmwiki-users] Drafts, moderated wikis, and PITS 00755

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 1 08:42:23 CDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:25:02PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Saturday, March 31, 2007, 9:27:37 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > When drafts are enabled, the edit form has the following buttons
>
> >     [Publish]  [Save draft]  [Save draft and edit]  [Preview]  [Cancel]
>
> > The "Publish" button always saves to the page without a -Draft suffix.
> > The "Save draft" and "Save draft and edit" buttons always save to a
> > page with the -Draft suffix.
>
> I am pleased how it works though. And I was amazed that the buttons
> were all there using Triads custom edit form. Only the grey-out of the
> publish button does not come across. How did you accomplish the
> styling for that, Pm?

All that the drafts code is doing is setting the "disabled=" attribute
on the save button, so that it becomes:

   <input type='submit' name='post' value=' Publish '
       class='inputbutton' accesskey='s' disabled='disabled' />

I'm guessing that the CSS in triad is overriding the button
display when the disabled attribute is present.  You might
try an attribute selector for input elements, as in:

    input[disabled] { color:grey; }

Or something like that.