[pmwiki-users] Can any of the form recipes do this?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Apr 2 11:51:08 CDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Scott <scott at skhanselman.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if any of the form recipes (ZAP or Fox) can do the following:
>
> Create a new page where multiple inputs define the name, group, and description
> of the wiki page?
>
> For example each of the following is a text input box:
>
> Name: [name of page]
> Group: [name of group]
> Section 1: [data of the first section of description]
> Section 2: [data of the second section of description]
> Section 3: [data of the third section of description]
> Submit Button: save all the data as a new page without editing the page first.
>
> Section 1-3 would be the information on the wiki page itself.
>
> I understand that you can use the form recipes to supply the name and group of
> the new page, but for the most part go to a page where you have to edit the
> content of the wiki page. I would like to have Section 1-3 supply the data to
> the new wiki page and also have it automatically save the page.
>
> I'd be willing to pay for a "customization".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

It's quite easy to do in ZAP, and Fox might be able to do it too,
though it is a little more limited in it's goals.  In ZAP, it would be
a very simple process using either a page template or just input
fields.

See http://localhost/zap/index.php?n=Support-Extensions/Create

If you get stuck I could write the snippet for you but it's quite
easy.  I think ZAP will give you quite a bit of flexibility for doing
about anything you want to any page, with little trouble.

Cheers,
Dan