[pmwiki-users] Can any of the form recipes do this?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 17:05:16 CDT 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007, 10:21:49 PM, Vince wrote:

> I would like to have a button for a user  to create a profile page.
> Most of it is pretty clear, but I really need a page pair.
> The button should create not only the page Profile.$Author, which I
> know how to do, but to also create a page
> Profile.$Author-Preferences, and copy that page from
> Profile.Preferences-Template and include the link from the
> Profile.$Author to his preference page.

Try this as a form:

(:fox addprofile redirect=Profile.{$Author} :)
(:input hidden author {$Author:)
(:input hidden target[0] Profile.{$Author}-Preferences:)
(:input hidden template[0] Profile.Preferences-Template:)
(:input hidden target[1] Profile.{$Author}:)
(:input hidden template[1] Profile.AuthorTemplate:)
(:input submit post "Create Profile Page":)
(:foxend addprofile:)

and to include the link to the {$Author}-Preferences page on his/her
Profiles.{$Author} page, put somewhere on Profile.AuthorTemplate:

[[{target[0]}|My Preferences]]

> And if I am not asking to
> much already, I would like to have edit access
> be just the author. Now everyone has to login, so identity is not a
> problem, but can Fox set the attrib  for the page?

No, Fox has not tried to set password attributes, and probably would
fail! Or perhaps by using a custom filter function something like

$page['pwedit'] = "id:".$fields['author'];

can be written into both pages.

It goes a bit beyond what Fox's filters wee meant for, i.e. manipulate
input field values, as $page['pwedit'] should be written after the
pages are created.

I need to think about this.

  ~Hans