[pmwiki-users] initialize input textarea

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Apr 5 10:27:53 CDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Thursday, April 5, 2007, 3:36:19 PM, SteP wrote:
>
> > I use a PTV to initialize the
> > textarea within a fox form. Posting the fox form saves the new text into
> > the same PTV.
>
> How does this work? Can you post multi-line text from a textarea into
> a PTV? I thought you can only use single lines for PTVs.
>

>  ~Hans

Sure, I've been doing it for ages.

See http://www.fast.st/zapbeta/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets/MagicBoxes

For what it's worth, it's much easier now that I have your WhiteSpace
recipe working.  Solves the problem (partly) of the slashes.  Before I
had to do all these string substitutions to get it to work.

Cheers,
Dan