[pmwiki-users] {(...)} markup recipe available

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 11 10:44:09 CDT 2007

I've now published my version of the {(...)} markup as a recipe,
available at

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExpressions

The description on the recipe page only scratches the surface of
what the recipe can do.  I'm particularly happy with the
{(ftime ...)} markup, which seems to be able to handle just
about any date-and-time formatting issue that I can think of
to throw at it.

Many thanks to Dominique Faure for ideas about nested expression
handling.  Nested expressions allow for things like:

    {(toupper (substr "Hello World" 2 7))}    # "LLO WOR"

    {(substr (ftime "%A") 2 6)}               # "dnesda"

The recipe is a CoreCandidate, and may find itself in the
pmwiki-2.2.0 release stream before too long.  However, it's
also a bit new, so it's possible/likely that some further
tweaks will be made as I get feedback from people.

Comments and questions welcomed as always.