[pmwiki-users] moving pages from one group to another

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:45:08 CDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Nicholas Buttle <nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an easy way to move a page to another Group?
> I need to move the page, it's uploads and then go back
> and delete the original.

If you have access to the server, the easiest way is to rename the
page-files in wikd. and the wikigroup's directory inside the Uploads
directory (assuming standard uploads configured by wikigroup).  But
first you'd want to check for backlinks to all the existing pages so
you know where-all you need edit to do cleanup afterward.

To do the move from inside the wiki, you could install the Rename
recipe.  This won't create a new wiki-group, though, so you'll need
create at least one page in the new one (a page that you won't then be
trying to over-write when you rename the existing ones).  This also
won't handle the uploads, which you'd then need to re-upload to the
new wiki-group OR handle on the server by renaming the wikigroup's
directory inside the the Uploads directory.  This also won't handle
the wikigroup's RecentChanges page.  You can copy the contents of the
old one into the new one, to get the new one showing all the history
of change activity of the old wikigroup, but the old one can't be
deleted from within the wiki - again, you'd have to handle that from
the server side.