[pmwiki-users] uploading excel documents

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 11 12:46:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:51:56AM -0700, Launa Morris wrote:
>    I have used the upload feature to upload excel documents (.xls)
>    but when I view them it is garbage. I thought .xls was supported by
>    PmWiki.
>
>    What am I doing wrong?

PmWiki works fine with .xls files, so it must be something in the
webserver configuration.

In your local/config.php file, try setting

    $EnableDirectDownload = 0;

If the .xls files work after that, it's an indication that your
webserver isn't configured to provide the appropriate Content-type
header for .xls files (and we'd need to know what software your
web server is running to help further).

If the .xls files still don't work, then is there perhaps a url
we could look at?  What browser are you using?

Hope this helps,