[pmwiki-users] recent changes and deleted pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 13:41:43 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 04:32:51PM +0000, Sandy wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:46:24AM -0700, Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> > > any way of stopping the deleting of pages coming up in
> > > the recent changes list?  once a page is gone I don't
> > > want someone clicking the link in the recent changes
> > > list and creating it again.
> >
> > In other words, when a page is deleted you want the page
> > entry to be completely removed from RecentChanges ?
> >

> For what it's worth, I like seeing the deleted pages in the list. If you're
> monitoring page changes for spam or moderating or whatever, deleting a page
> counts as a change.

This is exactly why PmWiki includes deleted pages as entries in the
RecentChanges list by default -- because deleting a page counts as
a change.

However, I'm thinking we might provide a config variable to
remove deleted pages from RecentChanges.  I can't come up with a good
variable name, though... so far the best I have is

    $EnableOmitDeletedPagesFromRecentChanges

which seems awfully long for a configuration variable.  Thankfully
it's not likely to be used very often.  :-) :-)

(Suggestions for better names welcome!)