[pmwiki-users] anchor in url prevents editing

JB jbit at bitlink.com
Mon Apr 16 14:46:44 CDT 2007

Hans said:
 > Where are the broken links coming from?

It is coming from the browser URL bar when someone is at URL

   http://gnuzoo.org/test/AdvancedTableDirectives#zebratables

and they click in the browser URL bar and add "?action=edit".

PM said:
 >It should be simply
 >
 > http://gnuzoo.org/test/AdvancedTableDirectives?action=edit
 >
 >If you want the #zebratables to be there, it can be
 >
 > http://gnuzoo.org/test/AdvancedTableDirectives?action=edit#zebratables

OK, I know what is wrong, but what is a solution?

I do not want to have to explain to users "do not do it that
way, do it this way".  Somehow I feel the computer should
be able to figure out how to adjust to this.

Can the php config file change the broswer url so it works?
Would a rewrite rule in the .htaccess file fix it?
Would javascript be needed?  Any other way?