[pmwiki-users] MarkupExpressionsExtensions

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Tue Apr 17 05:08:08 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 10:29, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 10:16, Hans wrote:
> > > It is not safe because if the expression is not mathematically correct,
> > > it will however try to execute it, and this will result in a Fatal
> > > Error.
> >
> > Thank you! This is useful. So I cannot use math functions with this
> > math extension? Just the simplest of arithmetic?
>
> Yes you can as long as you write it correctly.

The difference with other markup is that if not written correctly, the other
markup will be ignored, eventually displayed as is, while this one may cause
the whole PmWiki script to die (no page, no sidebar, no edit/diff links,
nothing) and a novice user may have difficulties to recover the page.

Petko