[pmwiki-users] PHP/Linux/Hotmail: broken membership / mail() configuration

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:29:17 CDT 2007

I'm having trouble configuring the linux server to send mail. A common and simple requirement. Any of you have experience with the following?

The system is configured to send mail. And the sending part works. It's just that gmail accepts them and hotmail does *not*. It throws 'm away, probably because of eagerly classifying it as spam. Note that it doesn't even appear as junkmail.

So there you have it. I can send mail, but my hotmail users don't receive them. My membership system is therefore br-r-r-r-r-roken.

/jm