[pmwiki-users] PHP/Linux/Hotmail: broken membership / mail() configuration

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 18 11:34:24 CDT 2007

On 2007-04-18 J. Meijer is rumoured to have said:
> That's the fun part: *no* rejects!
>

> > > Barring positive answers to the above questions, can you send me a
> > > direct email from the same engine so that I can look at the headers it
> > > generates? Not promising any solution, but I have an inordinate interest
> > > in mailing lists and MX behaviour.  ;-)
>
> Yeah! That's good to hear.
>
> Sending one now to your 'nospam' address (OK?). Sent it to my commentgg address as well.

Hmmmm... Very strange. Your test arrived here with no problem. I will
send you more details privately.

Is it possible that hotmail is graylisting your mail server? If so, then
  you should see the mail stuck in the outbound queue.

Or, if your SMTP server is misconfigured, it may be dropping mail that
is graylisted. But if your logs show hotmail accepting the mail, then I
am stumped.

I would be inclined to look for postmaster help at hotmail. I have used
the Yahoo mail whitelisting request form, and it works. Not sure if
hotmail has an equivalent.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/