[pmwiki-users] FoxForum and ForumX

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 06:07:37 CDT 2007

Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:00:01 PM, Peter wrote:

> Trying now ./FoxForum  works only partially, fox.php was not included yet.
> After putting a include_only . it in local.php
> no strange message occurred (worked).
> You may add this in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ForumX ?!

Okay. Thanks!

> I did not succeed in "Create a new Forum"  (what the page says is not
> totally clear to me)

> I Created a copy of FoxForum.php in (local) KanwegFoxForum.php (changed
> inside FoxForum to KanwegFoxForum) and tried again create: KanwegFoxForum

> Delivering (in red) PERMISSION DENIED to copy to KanwegFoxForum.CommentForm!

> What does this mean (I am running xampp on a Vista box)?

you need to allow Fox to post to these groups, by setting
$FoxNameFmt[] = 'GroupName.*';

> ForumX seams to work. BUT everone can delete . how should this prevented
> (automatically)?

> Looking at the source (:if expr ( auth admin || author Peter
> ):){[foxdelrange 1177065359a44507b0 {$FullName} ]}(:if:)

> Should do the job but does not . why?

Have you logged out and looked then? Logged in as admin you see all
delete links.
Have you set an author conditional?
I should also say that "author" is not a total safe way here, it will
only be safe it it is coupled with AuthId, and no way for a user to
set the author name. Now you can set author names as you wish, and
will see links associated with that name.

  ~Hans