[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] How to count headings?

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:42:49 CDT 2007

On 4/20/07,  Ben Wilson  wrote:
> Is there an easy way to count headings in a page? I would like to
configure my site to automatically add the (:toc:) when more than two
headings occur. Or, should this be a feature in Cookbook:PageTOC?

Hi Ben, I use this:

 if($action=='browse') {
   $pg=ReadPage(ResolvePageName($pagename),READPAGE_CURRENT);
   $pg=$pg['text'];
   if((preg_match_all('/^!+/m',$pg,$m) and (@count($m[0]) > 2)) or (preg_match_all('/^R:/m',$pg,$m) and @count($m[0]) > 2) )  {

Note the second part of the if(): it also enables toc on FAQ-contents (having R: lines).

HTH

/jm

ps www.dausha.net is unreachable, for months now.