[pmwiki-users] Spam

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Sun Apr 22 02:24:02 CDT 2007

Hi All

I know this has come up before.

I student of class noticed that over the weekend that someone had edited the
homepage and pasted hundreds of links to porn sites. Definitely not
appropriate in a High school setting!

What should I be doing?

I have nothing password protected as I wanted to have to open to other
schools and people to develop a specific knowledge base for the subject. Do
I now have to pwd protect?

Was it a bot or some vandal?

http://www.ruthtrumpold.id.au/designtech/pmwiki.php if you go tot he history
you will see the stuff that was posted.

If it was a bot then is there a 'catcha' recipe or like the like that one
has to put in a string of letters in an image to post.

Anyway it seems a real shame that people vandalise web sites for no apparent
reason! Spoils the 'community' collaboration that one wishes to build!

A very vandalised Mark