[pmwiki-users] Question on internationalization and farms

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Sun Apr 22 05:16:39 CDT 2007

Petko Yotov schreef:
> On Sunday 22 April 2007 11:39, f.r.salomons wrote:
>> In my farmconfig.php, I activated Dutch localizations by:
>> XLPage('nl','PmWikiNl.XLPage');
>> XLPage('nl','PmWikiNl.XLPageCookbook');
>>
>> Strange thing is, that the first XLPage is created by putting the files
>> from i18n-nl.zip in the right location and works for the whole farm,
>> while the second XLPage has to be created manually (on the basis of
>> PmWiki/XLPageCookbookTemplate) and only works for the home wiki of my farm.
>>
>> Is there any way to make XLPageCookbook also active for the other wiki's
>> in my farm or do I have to duplicate it for each of them?
>
> Yes, when you finish editing the page PmWikiNl.XLPageCookbook, move the file
> PmWikiNl.XLPageCookbook:
> * from the farm's "wiki.d" directory
> * to the farm's "wikilib.d" directory
>
> or better, if you have shell access, link it there.
>
> In that case the page will become visible to the fields too.
>
> When/if you add or modify the page again, move it again into "wikilib.d".
>
> Petko

Aha, I'm beginning to understand. Right now, there's a XLPage in my
farm's "wiki.d" directory and in my farm's "wikilib.d" directory
(different filesizes) and a XLPageCookbook only in my farm's "wiki.d"
directory. Can it be that the latter is only a link to the first one?

Am I right to understand that if I link from my farm's "wikilib.d"
directory to XLPageCookbook in my farm's "wiki.d" directory, I don't
have to move that page to the farm's "wikilib.d" directory every time I
make some changes? If so, I prefer that solution. But I don't know how
to make a link to it (I do have shell access). Any hints?

   Frits