[pmwiki-users] Guitar Tab (was: Bridge stuff)

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 18:52:45 CDT 2007

Anyone wnat to bite and make a nice guitar tab recipe?
 I'm not even sure what that would entail, but I am
trying to learn how to play and I see all these sites
that have ascii art tabulature for songs and it seems
like it would be nice if this ascii art could be
pasted into a page and easily made to look real nice.

I've tried a few guitar tab editors and can't get past
the starting gate; they are just not simple (sorta
like trying to use the gimp or photoshop for the first
time, but worse.)  It seems like this (editing tabs)
should be an easy task?

I would imaginge that with CSS you could probably draw
some nice lines that look like a tab without even
using images?  Of course, extending this to standard
music notation would be nice too.  Unfortunately I
don't have enough domain knowledge to even know what
would be nice.

A few more of these domain specific recipes, math,
chess, now bridge and maybe music, and soon pmwiki
should really be able to gain some new audiences. :)

-Martin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Game_of_Go_Position