[pmwiki-users] Best practices - link to pages

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Apr 24 00:49:33 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:44:15PM +0200, St?phane Heckel wrote:

> "Stéphane Heckel" wrote :
>
> > "Confluence" does not handle duplicated page name (each page has a unique
> > name).
>
> well, ... what I'm requesting is a way to link to pages using the page name
> only, even if we have multiple groups, ...
> Could be a switch at the config.php level like
> CallPageByNameOnly = 1; means that page name are unique (based on a design
> decision)
> CallPageByNameOnly = 0; standard PmWiki behaviour
>
> Does it make sense ? Any chance to implement this feature ?

I can think of two ways something like this could be done with the
existing PmWiki.

a) only have one group
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OneGroupForAll

b) use $PagePathFmt to search for pages in multiple groups
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PagePaths
This will only do half of what you want; it will *find* pages
but won't prevent duplication of page names.

Kathryn Andersen