[pmwiki-users] ZAP syntax ideas...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 25 11:34:10 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:51:21AM -0500, Ben Stallings wrote:
> The Editor wrote:
> > What risks are you thinking about?  And for that matter, what's to
> > stop someone from going to a page with (:zapget:) on it now and doing
> > the same thing?
>
> Well, presumably they don't know that (:zapget:) turns all GET variables
> into page variables.

FWIW, in the past we've identified that PmWiki's standard for
dealing with GET variables in markup would be {$?varname}
to avoid conflicts with {$varname}.

See, for example, Martin Fick's HttpVariables recipe.

I haven't made any comments regarding the other syntaxes
that HttpVariables provides (e.g., POST, cookies, session, etc.),
and don't have any immediate plans for those.  But I have
mentioned in the past that PmWiki will prefer {$?var} for
any sort of "get variable" syntax.