[pmwiki-users] Fun with five star rating

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 16:28:57 CDT 2007

I cobbled together a five star rating system:
http://softflow.co.uk/design/Fox/FoxRating

Please feel free to test it. You can leave short comments as well.

This uses weighted votes, sums of votes for each option are stored in
PTVs on the page. Weights for each option too.
Display of stars is via a set of images.
One image gets selected according to weighted total (ratings) score.
There is no IP check, so double voting is possible.
But the names and choices are recorded on the page.

Pm, this is what I was referring to in the other list.
I can only get it to work by including the script in config.php, not
in a local/Fox.FoxRating.php file. I don't know why.
It is a filter extension for Fox, partly, and needs to load before
fox.php.

  ~Hans