[pmwiki-users] Why all this zapping?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 30 13:03:02 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 10:54:31AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Also, I am not too concerned about its success. I'm not even sure if
> I'll end up using it on my site (I'm leaning toward PmWiki).  I just
> kept coming up against obstacles and complexities in PmWiki in regards
> to various cutting edge ZAP functionalities. ZAP works in PmWiki, and
> PmWiki is a great tool--but both could be integrated in ways that
> would make a lot of things cleaner and simpler.

Care to enumerate some of these integrations?  And can they
be done while preserving backwards compatibility and features
for existing sites, or do we have to throw out a lot of existing
stuff?

Personally, I have little doubt that we could make a number of
things much cleaner if we removed some of PmWiki's features, or
didn't feel a need to preserve a reasonable upgrade path for
existing sites.