[pmwiki-users] ZAP mail problem

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Apr 30 17:01:10 CDT 2007

On 4/30/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Monday, April 30, 2007, 8:41:47 PM, Hans wrote:
>
> > But I never received an email. Are there other setup steps to take?
> > How does the script know which mailer to use? Where is this
> > configured? And why do I get the message, spelling out "test mode" and
> > the email address, which is supposed to stay secret? What do I need to
> > set up?
>
> Okay looking into the bowels I found reference to a $ZAPmailmode
> global. This I added to config.php and set  to true.
> So now the mail arrived! Good! Is $ZAPmailmode = true; documented?
> It certainly was not on the tutorial page.

>From the documentation page on the email command:

ZAPmail, by default is set to operate in a test mode, to help you
learn how it works, and make sure your forms are working as intended.
To enable ZAPmail for actual sending, add this line to your config
file:

$ZAPmailmode = true;

The ZAP demo mode is 1) a way to test everything is ok with your
messages before sending them out and 2) an extra security step
requiring access to config files before actual emailing.

> Still the message mentions the email address it sends to.
> Does ZAP has a global to set the message for a successful sending of
> email?
>
> I admit I like the simplicity of the form, and that it totally hides
> the email address (apart from revealing it when one is sent!).
> This feature uses a session variable. I hope this is not causing
> problems elsewhere. I cannot comment on this nor test this.

I've never had problems with the session variables as they are in a
special three dimensional array indexed by both 'ZAP' and
'Pagename-Key' and 'field'.  So no conflicts likely.  They are also
deleted on each submission.

As for the messages, they can be overwritten using the msg command
http://www.fast.st/zapbeta/index.php?n=Support-Documentation/Msg

I have just recently had two different people suggest a better
approach to ZAP's messaging system that would allow for
internationalizations and/or other ways to configure the default
settings. I have not been able to rework the code yet, as the
messaging system is used throughout ZAP and ZAPtoolbox, but will soon.
 I also wanted to think a bit before launching into one solution or
another to determine the best approach. I have a rather creative
approach in mind, but it may take some time before I can get around to
implementing it.

Cheers,
Dan