[pmwiki-users] I need to change some colors

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 12:15:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:37:17AM -0700, Stattick wrote:
> I'm in the process of creating a Wiki that has a dark
> theme. When I go to edit a page, the default glaring
> white edit box opens up, along with a couple of input
> boxes below it.
>
> How do I change the glaring white to something easier
> on the eyes? A medium grey would do, but I can
> experiment with the hexdecimal code once I figure out
> what to change. I can't figure out if I need to alter
> style.css or the template sheet bs-001.tmpl, and
> exactly where to insert code, or what code to use.

What skin are you using?  If you're using a custom skin,
you probably want to change the .css file -- the selector
for the edit box is normally given as "#wikiedit textarea".
Thus in the skins .css file (or in pub/css/local.css) you
could try:

    #wikiedit textarea { background-color: grey; }

> Also, it would be great if I could change the colors
> on the scrollbar too, but that's less pressing.

I don't know if browser/HTML typically allow this, or what
CSS properties would be involved.

Hope this helps,