[pmwiki-users] More answers to: More Wikiforms

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Aug 6 15:20:53 CDT 2007

<snip>

When you look at the page source (action=source), what

*exactly* do you get for these fields? You need to be

getting (for example):

aaaa\\

bbbb\\

cccc

If you are not getting any \\ characters, it is not working

correctly. Your problem is you appeared to be getting too

many. If instead of getting \\\\ you are now not getting

any, try the following:

        $v = preg_replace("/([\\\]+\\n)+$/",'',

            implode("\\\\\\\n",$_REQUEST[$f[$i]['element']]));

Adjust the number of \ characters until you get the markup

shown above. I don't know why it works for me and not

for you, I'm afraid.

When I look at the source, I am getting something like the following:

In other words, I am getting a <br /> markup. It seems to be doing fine
so far...

<snip>

To link to a project by its title, use this markup:

[[?title of page]]

The '?' markup tells it to invoke the title lookup.

<snip>

This works quite well. Thank you!

I was trying to add a file upload box to the form. I tried to follow the
instructions on the various wikiforms pages on the pmwiki.org website
but could not get it to work. I also tried to replace the wikiform.php
with the wikiform-attach.php which I found on one of the talk pages but
all the earlier problems with the form (like 'value=') started again. So
I reverted back to what I had.

In essence, for every page created in the form, there should be an
associated image which I would like the users to include while they are
filling up the form. Is that easily achievable?

Thanks again, John!