[pmwiki-users] Attach form field type (was: More answersto:More Wikiforms)

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Aug 6 19:41:20 CDT 2007

John,

I have another question regarding the (:wikilist:) tables:

Currently, the table generated by the above markup returns both, the
"Page" and the <title>field as links.

I am using the ViewTemplate to render my form fields as a preformatted
block which populates the page. The user can arrive onto this page only
by clicking the <title> link. If the user clicks the "Page" link, he is
taken to an unformatted layout of all the form fields, which is quite
confusing.

Is there any way for me to disable the "Page" links??

Thanks.

<snip>

I meant the wiki source (?action=source), rather than the html

source. The html looks correct, but we should check the wiki source

to verify it is correct. I assume you have tried using the form to

edit the page and it correctly takes the data apart for editing?

The action=source is perfect... '//' after every entry.

On a related issue: In case I want to convert each of the entries into
links (I do that by using [[(groupname.)<formfield>]]), I would not be
able to achieve that with these multiple input boxes, would I? I believe
that it would be best achieved by creating separate input boxes for each
entry. Do you agree?

<snip>

I have had an "attach" field type on my to do list for a while.

Maybe it's time to give this task a higher priority...

I think it could work like this:

- in the FormTemplate, define a field like this example:

:Upload file:upload (attach=png|jpg|gif)

- this produces the following form field layout:

Upload file Attach:[.........................] dot ( ) png ( ) jpg ( )
gif

- the author fills in the name of the file and clicks the

   desired extension

- once the form is saved, the author clicks the link to

   invoke the standard upload function

- the list of extensions could be optional; if undefined,

   the author would have to supply it and any extension

   would be allowed; if only one extension type is

   allowed (eg for a pdf library), that could be added

   automatically

I think this would be quite easy to implement.

What do you think?

That sounds good. I would like to be able to restrict the file names and
not have the users type it in.

Could you guide me some more with this?

Thanks.

<snip>