[pmwiki-users] ZAPForms: docs + future

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Sun Aug 12 07:27:46 CDT 2007

Hi Benoir !

Ok, so I see I'm a little bit late ... :-) (my excuse: was offline
during holidays)

Well, as I wrote I'll will join the maintainance as far as I can (php
coding and docs).

How will the connection between the Pmwiki.org cookbook-recipe for
ZAPForms and the new website be done ?
I've found installation files on the new website, this has to be kept in
synch with the cookbok-recipe, right ?

I think keeping the up to date docs in the new wiki is a good idea, but
we then should also remove old stuff from the cookbook and point to the
doc-website (if this is ok for Pm)

As I said, I want to stay with Pmwiki (that's a must for me !:-), so any
develepment should be done in accordance with the pmwiki-philosiphy (I
read a lot of the discussions about zapwiki in the maillist).

My intention of using ZAPForm in pmwiki is to add Form-Support for some
pmwiki-groups / pages, not to replace core pmwiki-functions (I wrote
some modules in the past but had to find out by time, that they were
incorporated into pmwiki before I even could introduce my ideas here in
the list - and the core function are all better than mine !). As I write
some days before I want to implement some

If ZAPForms are maintained, I think it's vital to change the recipe
according to changes in pmwiki regarding Form-Processing, i.e. if pmwiki
supports (new) form processing features in the future, the corresponding
ZAPForm-functions should be migrated accordingly using the new
pmwiki-features.

so again: I would like to join !

cheers

Knut

PS: I did not follow the lists entry about the development of the PmForm
module. How is the status ?