[pmwiki-users] Attach form field type (was: More answersto:More Wikiforms)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Aug 13 21:11:37 CDT 2007

On Tuesday, 14 August 2007 12:27 PM, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:

>><snip>
>>>If the url generated by the title link is
>>>www.mysite.com/wiki/Projects/Museum, the page link generates
>>>www.mysite.com/wiki/Projects/Museum?action=
>>
>>Hmmm. action is blank.
>>It looks as if your clean url may be causing this. Try adding this to
>>the start of local/config.php:
>>
>>if ($action=='') $action='browse';
>><snip>
>>
>>This did not work either. No change in the action link70;
>>
>I wouldn't expect it to change the link, but I would expect the
>link to invoke the desired view template. I suggest you
>revert to pmwiki's default link format and see if the problem
>goes away. If not we'll try something else.
>
>The problem, I think, is that the forms script invokes the
>view template only when $action=='browse' -- if it's anything
>else, the view template is ignored.
>
>I had earlier told you that I had my Discussion tab in the
>Monobook skin problem resolved with
>    if ($action=='view') $action = 'browse';
>in my local/config.php. I have just realized that it does not
>work anymore. I have no idea why!
>I have reverted back to the default 56;pmwiki57; skin to make it work.

Are you sure this statement was *above* the line which includes
the wikiform script? If the above fix for the view peroblem
works, I'd expect hte fix for the list links to work also.
Echoing back the action value might help you see what is happening.

>To debug this, experiment with $echo "action=$action.";
>in local/config.php, before including wikiform.php. Click
>on one of the page number links and see what comes back.
>
>Now, with the pmwiki skin, when I add$echo "action=$action.";
>to the config.php file, it gives me a parse error on that very line:
>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in C:\web\wiki\local\config.php on line 97

My slip of the fingers (too much of a hurry):

echo "action=$action.";

No dollar sign!!
>One of the problems with using the pmwiki skin with wikiforms
>is that the table generated by wikilist is not formatted
>correctly. The skin does not respect the font-size: smaller;
>directive laid out in the wikiform.php, which Monobook does. I
>have been unable to modify the font sizes etc. for the
>wikilist. Do you have any ideas regarding that?

Have you tested this with several browsers? The pmwiki skin
is very light-weight, and I am surprised that a smaller font
size instruction is ignored. You could try changing 'smaller' to
(for example) 85%.

I have not encountered this problem.

>Thanks again!

JR