[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta58 released (IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES)

Algardas alglt at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 06:15:08 CDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:53:56 -0500
"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

<...>
> For sites that want to continue using pages in their
> old locations, this can be done by simply setting the
> following in local/config.php:
>
>     $SiteAdminGroup = $Site;
>

> Undoubtedly there will be a few hiccups in the upgrade process
> as a result of this switch, so please feel free to contact me
> or the mailing list if you run into any difficulties.
<...>
> Again, please send any comments, questions, or bug reports to
> the mailing list.

If $EnableReadOnly is set, PmWiki fails to do the Site -> SiteAdmin upgrade, because it wants to write these files:
.flock
.Status
$SiteAdminGroup.Status

Maybe it is reasonable to try to upgrade even if $EnableReadOnly is set, so problems don't arise with later upgrades, but I think PmWiki shouldn't call the upgrades.php script if both,
	$EnableReadOnly = 1 ;
		and
	$SiteAdminGroup = $Site;
are set.

For me it was confusing, as I have a WikiFarm with one active site, which upgraded without problems, and 4 readonly sites, which stopped working after the upgrade.

I was even more confused because of the fact that I am not using any of the files which are to migrate to the SiteAdmin group.

I found a solution for now: copying the SiteAdmin.Status file from the wiki.d directory of my active wiki to wikilib.d directory of the WikiFarm makes PmWiki believe I have upgraded my whole farm.

Regards,
Algardas