[pmwiki-users] Login-once system

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:41:26 CDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Celia Staram <wafflecrumble at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>  However, my problem is that for every time I edit a page, I have to
> re-enter a password. Every single time. There must surely be a more elegant
> way around this, where the user only needs to login once.
>
> Hope someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks!

I've encountered this situation before, including recently. In my
case, the problem was a newline after ?> in either a cookbook file or
in local/config.php. This problem introduces text in the browser
_before_ headers are sent, which bollixes the cookie. The fix is to
find all PHP scripts with ?> and delete those two characters. They are
unnecessary when the whole file is PHP.

find . -name '*php'|xargs grep '?>'

Or using z-shell:

for f in **/*php; grep '?>' $f

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill