[pmwiki-users] problem editing after setting $DefaultPasswords['edit']

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 24 22:04:54 CDT 2007

On 8/23/07, gilbert n <gilbert.n.o at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this has been already  asked.
> As I did not find any answer that could help me, I'm posting this message.
> I'm very new to pmwiki
> I have managed to set it up and start a nice pmwiki :) !
>
>  but when I have set the DefaultPassword like this for edit :
>
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '$1$hMMhCdfT$mZSCh.BJOidMRn4SOU
> USi1';
>
> (yes I have encrypt my password)
>
> I can go thru it well when I want to edit, but my edition is not saved and I
> have the following message each time after entering my password.
>

> Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]:
> open(/mnt/158/sdb/a/a/my.user.name/sessions/sess_8677a1eeb0df384dbed9153fe9ef1b91,
> O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in
> /mnt/158/sdb/a/a/my.user.name/pmwiki_gn/pmwiki.php on line
> 1890

PmWiki is trying to do session-tracking using PHP's session-handling
functions.[1]

For session-tracking to work, some information needs to be written in
a directory on the server.  That directory needs to exist and be
writable by the webserver software.

Your webserver software is configured to write sessions in this directory

    /mnt/158/sdb/a/a/my.user.name/sessions/

but the directory doesn't exist.

Hagan

[1] http://www.php.net/session