[pmwiki-users] Has anyone used wikicalc in a pmwiki?

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 16:02:08 CDT 2007

On 8/25/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> bump, after the recent editgrid exchange:
>
> On 5/17/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> > instructions for regular installation on a remote unix/linux server are
> > here:
> > http://www.softwaregarden.com/products/wikicalc/downloads.html#server
> >
> > There's a way of publishing the html of pages so that calculations refresh
> > when the page refreshes, so I'm wondering about embedding wikicalc pages in
> > pmwiki pages.  It would be nice to have actual spreadsheet capability,
> > sometimes.
> >
> > But there are security and performance considerations they talk about on
> > that page that give me great pause, as a lot of what they're saying would be
> > over my head, even if I might be capable of doing the installation.
> >
> > Anyone?

I easily managed to make it work on its own as a server (windows 2000
+ apache 2.2.4 + activestate perl + wikicalccgi.pl), but I fear it
would be far more difficult to make it work on wiki's array markup.

IMHO, there's here some food for an interesting recipe: rendering a
WikiCalc spreadsheet as an PmWiki array, and according to
authentication status, providing a link to edit/recompute the
spreadsheet with WikiCalc.

Anyone?

--
Dominique