[pmwiki-users] Yet another blogging question

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Mon Aug 27 09:02:01 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 23:55 +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> The reason why I'm using dates in the pages is quite easy. Filtering
> pages for archive views (blosxom actually was the inspiration to use
> YYYY, YYYY-MM, YYYY-MM-DD-pages for this) is a lot easier this way.

This certainly sets up nicely (although I had to change the ???? to 2???
to stop my News.News page being picked up by the archive view) and it
looks very much as if I'll be able to redirect the old blosxom URLs to
the PmWiki part of my site.

However, there are a couple of things I'd like to be able to do, but
can't get my head round at the moment:

I'd like to be able to take the date information from each page's name
and use it to display a date in a more human readable format within the
page - either at the top of each article as part of the header, or as
part of a "posted by UserName at..." string at the bottom.

I'd also like to be able to generate two pagelists that could be
displayed in a sidebar - one which would list (say) the last 5-10 news
items by date and title (with links to the complete story), and another
which lists just the year and month names for every month that has an
entry.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902