[pmwiki-users] NEW RECIPE: EditMore...

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Fri Aug 31 18:07:25 CDT 2007

Ben Wilson wrote:
> MediaCat (Media Categories)[1] is a recipe that collects
> [[!Categories]] and puts into a style-able div at the bottom of the
> page---at display time.. It does this at display time, rather than at
> save. So, there is no need to  style the categories. Your recipe would
> dovetail well with that one if you did not style.
>
> By "at display time," I mean that the author can put the categories
> *anywhere* in the document. When the page is viewed (or cached), the
> recipe pulls the categories from where they are then plants them at
> the end of all page text (GroupFooter still follows the categories).
>
> Otherwise, the norm is to put categories at the bottom of the page.
>
> The question is "how are you going to collect the categories when the
> page is edited?" The MediaCat recipe has a valid regex to use when you
> load a page for editing.

Ben,

I actually did a search for your recipe just a few minutes ago! I wanted
to see if I was stepping on any toes/how I could make the two work together.

I was thinking that if a user set $EditMoreTagsPlacement = "Mcat" that
it would make the whole <div> of categories display:none. That way,
MediaCat can grab them. Can you think of something better?

The other thing is, to account for needs like Dave's, I'm going to make
a page directive optional for placement of the div. I can't seem to
think of a way to allow MediaCat to fancy it up in a different position
though. Any ideas?

Lastly, I'm wondering if it would be better if you or I just updated the
MediaCat code instead of me putting adding it to EditMore.

Let me know! (Right now, it's time for dinner.)
-Mike