[pmwiki-users] Blogging recipe for PmWiki

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Dec 19 06:54:50 CST 2007

same hiccup....

Thanks, Dave.  There's another email on the list that goes into more
detail about what I did in the recipe.

I've installed it on 3 sites so far -- and found a couple "bugs" --
fixed the package a couple times.  There's also other features I want
to add, so people may want to wait to implement it in a production
environment (I've given it to 2 clients in addition to my own site, so
I guess I'm the guinea pig for testing it in production
environments)..  On one I forgot to change permissions on the Comments
group (But I was probably the first person to try putting a comment on
her first post ;) so I caught it).  That's in the directions -- have
to learn to follow my own directions.

I'd suggest trying it on a local or test wiki first.  Heck, you don't
have to add the blog stuff to the sidebar, or you can wrap the entire
blog sidebar in (:if auth admin::) so only you can see the blog
features.  The only pages it actually does anything outside of
pmordinary to is the Comments group.  On Blog pages it adds
(:timestamp:20071218TXXXXXX:) when you save (Publish) the page.

It turns on PmWiki's Draft's feature too.  For your whole site.
That's easy to remedy and make happen only for the Blog group, though
if you don't want it.  That feature allows you to save any page as a
draft before making it public.  Not a bad thing for your entire site
if you think about it.

On one of my user's sites I added:  (:if [ auth admin && exists {*
$FullName}-Draft ] :)[- | [[{*$FullName}-Draft | View Draft ]] to the
Site.PageActions

This adds a draft page to the page action links across the top of the
site when it exists -- I have my page actions only show up for the
admin -- most folk would just use:

(:if exists {*$FullName}-Draft:)[- | [[{*$FullName}-Draft | View
Draft ]](:ifend:)

Thanks again,

Crisses