[pmwiki-users] Best/ANY hosting for reseller w/wiki farm?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:31:20 CST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 9:40 AM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey:
>
> I'd like to have the advantage of a farm installation, so all my wikis
> could use the same basic installation of the PmWiki engine, but I'd
> also like to have my sites hosted in a reseller account, so that my
> clients can self-administer their email, and possibly other optional
> add-ons that hosts often provide.  Ideally, the host would provide
> some of the extra tools that some provide to reseller accounts, that
> allow resellers to track client services and invoice for hosting
> renewals and other services.
>
> Is this even possible?  Anyone have such a set up?

Thanks to Pico for his reply, recommending DreamHost.

I would like to be able to look at more than one option for this, though, if
at all possible, so:

1) any other host suggestions?

2) How should I describe the farm-hosting requirements of what I'm after
when inquiring in forums or customer service -- do I need root-level
access?  I mean, I think I know that even some reseller hosts have their
systems configured so that I can *not* do the farm-hosting setup, because I
can't configure all the separate domains to use the same pmwiki
installation.  But I don't know the technical terminology for this -- will
something like "install some php scripts in one place that can be used by
all the domains on my account" cover it, and is that the same as saying I
need root-level access, or SSH access, or both, or something else?

Ploddingly yours,

Tegan