[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 3 22:22:01 CST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 10:07:25PM -0500, The Editor wrote:

> The whole reason Pm has been holding off on developing a hierarchical
> groups recipe is there is no way to make the same link both a group
> and a name.

This isn't precisely true.  The reason I've held off developing
a hierarchical groups recipe is because the various methods
we've tried thus far are either too confusing or too frustrating
to adopt as part of the core.  Finding a way to get a link point
to both a group and a leaf page would be a solution, but it's not
the only approach I'm willing to accept.

> Maybe he thinks a solution will come one, but I'm not
> sure there can be a solution to this problem.

I'm not sure a solution is likely either, which is why
there's a whole page (PmWiki.HierarchicalGroups) to explain
why PmWiki doesn't have them.  It's worth re-reading that
page to see the reasons -- especially the first paragraphs
of "Pm's Explanation" and "History".