[pmwiki-users] User access logging

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Feb 4 07:47:00 CST 2007

On 2/4/07, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> Allister Jenks said...
> > It's been a while since I've even read the mailing list, but I have
> > done a search of my personal archive and the web site for a way of
> > logging AuthUser logins.
> >
> > Basically I just want a simple text file that will show me who is
> > logging in and when.  Maybe more detail than that, but that would be a
> > start.
>
> I use the actionlog recipe with the following in config.php:
>
>   if ($action == 'login' && $Author != '') {
>     ... set $ActionLog params ...
>     include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/actionlog.php");
>   }
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Marc

Marc's solution is probably simplest, and best for what you are
asking. However, if you are doing a CMS and willing to consider ZAP,
you might want to take a look at:

http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.LoggingPlus

ZAP has some unique features actionlog can't do that I like
personally. Specifically, it creates daily logs and individual user
logs at the same time, so you can pull up the history for any day or
any user and get the relevant history--right in the wiki.

Cheers,
Dan