[pmwiki-users] Installation problem

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Wed Feb 7 11:36:30 CST 2007

Hi all,

I have installed PmWiki (2.1.27) on a Windows server running IIS6 and PHP
4.4.4.

After uploading the files and modd'ing the config.php file I attempted to run
the /pmwiki/pmwiki.php script. I get the error message as below:
Warning: fopen(wiki.d/.flock) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream:
Permission denied in c:\websites\XXXXX\XXXXX.com\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line
417

PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Now from what I have read this typically means there is a write permission
issue with the wiki.d folder.

I have created the folder and can confirm that the permissions are set to
rw-rw-rw for the wiki.d folder

There are currently no files within the wiki.d folder.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I have spent the last 2 hours on it and
seem to be getting nowhere fast.

Thanks,
Paul