[pmwiki-users] Gliffy, anyone?

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Wed Feb 7 13:45:58 CST 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 02:08, marc wrote:
> Joshua J. Kugler said...
>
> > Has anyone taken a crack at a recipe for using Gliffy
> > (http://www.gliffy.com/features.shtml) on a PmWiki site?  I'm doing some
> > software design right now, and something like this would be *wonderful.*
> > There is a Confluence plugin, but it costs.  Wonder if someone could hack
> > up a PmWiki recipe in an evening or two?
>
> An evening or two! Shame it's not FOSS as I'd have a crack at it. <digs
> deeper> Ah! It's a Flash app. We do quite a bit of Flash

I didn't mean replicate the entire application!  I just meant write a recipe
for PmWiki that would use this app.  Sorry that I wasn't clear! :)  The flash
app itself is always hosted on the gliffy site, we'd just need code that
would interface with it.

> Btw, what is Confluence? This one?
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confluence_Software

Confluence Wiki is an "enterprise" wiki.  Basically, non-free wiki software.
Rather nice, actually.  The Mailman wiki uses it.  See
http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/ for more information.

> On a side note, I use Freemind in PmWiki (mindmaps), which is Java-based
> rather than Flash/SWF.

That might work for part of it, but I need to be able to do other diagrams as
well.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111