[pmwiki-users] PHP5 and Pmwiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 12:37:31 CST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:31:06AM -0800, Nancy.M.Blanchette at healthnet.com wrote:

> I am using Zendcore:  zend.com which is PHP5.  I am also using Pmwiki
> version 2.1.27.  I having an issue with file uploads with .doc types giving
> me a internal server error.  When I run the same version of pmwiki on PHP4
> , I don't get the internal server error and .doc types work properly in
> uploads.  However, direction is to use Zendcore PHP5.

Is it just .doc types that are giving the issue?  If you rename the
.doc file to use a different extension, does it upload okay?

Is there a url we could look at?  (If so, could you set
"$EnableDiag = 1;" in your local/config.php?)

As far as I know, PmWiki doesn't do anything that won't work in
PHP 5.  I've been running PmWiki on various systems with PHP 5
and uploads for quite some time.

I suspect the difference has to do with differences in the
configuration files for your installations of PHP4 and PHP5, and
not that PmWiki is doing anything specific to PHP4.  However,
I'm occasionally wrong about this sort of things, so we'll need
to track it down a bit more.

Is there anything else special about your configuration -- i.e.,
are you doing anything with CleanUrls, url redirections, etc?