[pmwiki-users] PHP5 and Pmwiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 13:08:19 CST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:52:14AM -0800, Nancy.M.Blanchette at healthnet.com wrote:
> "Is it just .doc types that are giving the issue?  If you rename the
> .doc file to use a different extension, does it upload okay?"
>
> Answer - no.  I renamed the .doc type to .txt and had the same issue.
> However, if I create a .txt from scratch and upload it works.  So I am sure
> that it is the mime encoding in the document itself is the problem.

It could be the mime-encoding, but I'm also wondering if the problem
might be due to
  - the size of the file being uploaded
  - a module such as mod_security blocking the post
  - some sort of other virus/post scanner

> "I suspect the difference has to do with differences in the
> configuration files for your installations of PHP4 and PHP5, and
> not that PmWiki is doing anything specific to PHP4. ..."
>
> Answer - I can provide the php.ini files if that would help as well as the
> apache configuration files.  Please let me know.

Those would probably help.  Also, if you can set $EnableDiag = 1;
and then run PmWiki with ?action=diag and ?action=phpinfo and
email me the results (<pmichaud at pobox.com>) then that would
be helpful also.