[pmwiki-users] utf inclusion - odd behavior.

Tom Lederer pmwiki at celok.de
Mon Feb 12 13:26:21 CST 2007

Am 12.02.2007 um 19:39 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 06:02:51PM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
>> You need to enable the utf-8 support for PmWiki. Problems like
>> yours happen
>> when it is not enabled. In farmconfig.php or config.php, add this
>> line:
>>
>> include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');
>>
>> This should fix your site. You may also take a look at this page
>> and fix some
>> other inconviniences related to UTF-8:
>>
>> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8
>
> BTW, as of 2.2.0-beta31 the UTF-8 version of AsSpaced is now
> part of the distribution.  (As are the other improvements in that
> recipe. :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pm

...which were a great help for us utf-8 users if it would work ;)
Sorry to tell you that it doesn' t seem to work (at least for me).

I put this test code in two pages:
 > *NameSpaced: {$Namespaced}
 > *TitleSpaced: {$Titlespaced}
 > *GroupSpaced: {$Groupspaced}

In config.php i set:

if (FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename) == "Inhalt") include_once
('cookbook/utf8-fix.php');

whereas in uft8-fix.php the code from http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/
AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8 is included.

See the difference:
http://celok.de/Privat/GlückMitSpaß
http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlückMitSpaß (Namespaced and Titlespaced works)

GlückMitSpaß should split as "Glück Mit Spaß".

As for RequestedPage: here are some nonexistent pages:

http://celok.de/PmWikiDe/GlückMitSpaß
http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlückMitSpaß1 (RequestedPage works with utf-8s)

Uhm... i hope it shows the same way at your browsers...

Best Regards,
Tom