[pmwiki-users] Shared Pages in Farms

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Feb 14 10:14:03 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:29:33AM -0500, Sandy wrote:
>> I'm splitting my site into a small farm, and there are some pages I want
>> to share (almost) between wikies.
>>
>> The shared pages recipe looks easy enough.
>>
>> Can I hide some parts of a page from some wikis by using (:if
>> statements? I've already set separate session_name and $WikiTitle in the
>> config.php files, if that helps.
>
> Sure, (:if:) directives can be used to suppress parts of the page--
> the tricky part will be defining the conditionals used.
>
> What criteria are you wanting to use to decide if a particular
> section is to be shown or suppressed?
>
> Pm

The wiki that they used to reach the page. So folks coming at it from
sandy.onebit.ca would see a slightly different version that those coming
at it from cricket.onebit.ca.

There are things I want folks who know me as Sandy to have access to,
without being inundated with all the things I put up as Cricket. Not
that I believe folks won't make the connection (whois onebit.ca, and
I've used both names on a few lists), but do I really want the kids'
teachers seeing the amateur fiction?

Sandy