[pmwiki-users] Keeping recipes up to date -- updated

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 05:40:28 CST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> In the spirit of having the data stored locally, have you considered
>> storing the recipelist locally? So, say, displaying an appropriate page
>> would automatically update from pmwiki.org, or if this fails (fopen()
>> and curl), it falls back to allowing the admin to c&p the data from a
>> displayed page into, say, Site.RecipeList.
>
> Reading a local recipe list from Site.RecipeList is a good idea.

I think I'd prefer something like

 	Site.RecipeListLocal (or Site.LocalRecipeList)

But that's cause I thought Site.RecipeList might be a good place to store
a cached fallback list of recipe versions. OTOH, maybe that better belongs
in PmWiki.RecipeList?

I guess it really doesn't matter, but I am sometimes confused as to what
pages will be updated with a new distribution. For that purpose, I like
having 'Local' in the name of pages that won't be modified.

OTOH, as most(?) of the pages in Site as I use it are local, maybe the
naming convention should be changed so that pages coming with a PmWiki
distribution get a certain kind of name.

Oh well, now I've gone completely off topic here :-)

/C