[pmwiki-users] Problem with flock on local server

David B Smith davidbrucesmith at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 07:04:00 CST 2007

I am trying to set up PMwiki on my local server.  It installs fine,
and I can see the pages from the wiki that I copied (a wiki of mine
off site).  However, when I try to edit, I get the following error
message:

Warning: fopen(wiki.d/.flock) [function.fopen]: failed to open
stream: Permission denied in /Users/David/Sites/Familywiki/pmwiki.php
on line 417
PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Can anyone offer some possible reasons why this might be happening?

I wish I could provide direct access, but obviously it is on a local
network and unavailable off-site.

David B Smith